Search Irish Times Archive
Irish Times Archive at Ask About Ireland provides online access free of charge for internet users within public libraries and schools in Ireland through www.askaboutireland.ie. It is funded jointly by the Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government and The Irish Times.
- 1. Event names may have been coined after the event took place, e.g. World War I was known as the Great War. Try to search using words that describe the event or that may have been used in reports.
- 2. To find an exact phrase place quotation marks around your search terms, e.g. "George Bernard Shaw".
- 3. The archive will automatically return articles that include all of the search terms.
- 4. The search results are automatically sorted by the oldest articles first and can also be sorted by the newest articles, or by the articles that closest match the search terms.
- 5. Historically there was a tendency to describe people more formally, e.g. Mr. Yeats instead of William Butler Yeats. Initially, try to search by surname only and then refine the results.
This service can only be accessed within a public library or school in Ireland.