Freemasons Hall Museum

Freemasonry's origins are obscure but it is believed the 'Craft' emerged from the guilds and societies of medieval stonemasons and craftsmen across Western Europe. The United Grand Lodge of England was created in 1717 followed by the Grand Lodge of Ireland in 1725. Freemasonry is a worldwide, social, fraternal and charitable movement with membership across all walks of life. The Freemasons Hall Museum was originally built as a Lodge Hall in 1869. Visitors availing of the guided tour can view documents and artifacts such as the reglia used in masonic rituals. There are also elaborately decorated lodge rooms in Egyptian and Gothic styles and a library.

Address:

17 Molesworth Street,
Dublin 2

Telephone: +353 (0) 1 6795465

email: office@freemasons.org

Click to see  a map of Freemasons Hall Museum

 

 



previousPrevious - Fingal County Council Archives
Next - Garda Archivesnext

Upload to this page

Upload to this page

Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.

Map Search

Related Libraries

Content

CultureNet


Popular Sections